Looking for dance classes in Kitchener-Waterloo? We offer dance classes for all ages in ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary, musical theatre. Specialized programming for our little dancers including Toddler & Me, Preschool dance, and Kindies in Motion. We also have classes for Beginner Teens and many class offerings and levels for Adults.
We have in-person classes and at-home learning options with ZOOM!
Dance with CSD!
Come see why we’ve been voted KW’s #1 BEST DANCE STUDIO 2020 in the Waterloo Chronicle’s Readers’ Choice Awards and named one of the top three dance studios in Three Best Rated! We provide a family-focused culture where everyone can dance! The music, movement and costumes are always age-appropriate. This year, all of our classes will be live-streamed on ZOOM so that dancers can dance at-home in real-time with their friends at the studio!
We look forward to sharing the world of dance with you! Click here to contact us
What’s Happening at CSD?
– Due to the RED zone restrictions, all classes will be on ZOOM until March 6th!
– CSD Pet & Stuffed Animal Week! Dancers are invited to formally introduce their pets or favourite stuffed animals on zoom!
– CSD Beach Week! During Mar. 8th – 14th, dancers are invited to wear one-piece bathing suits, sunglasses, grass skirts, and other beachy outfits to class! Don’t forget your beach towel!
– CSD Purdys Chocolate Fundraiser! Support CSD Dance Company and purchase some sweet treats for your family and friends!
Click HERE to order online! Order Deadline: March 13th.
Order Pick-up: March 27th
– Click HERE to see our “Back-to-Dance” video and for more information about our COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures!
– CSD Online Store! Make your purchase of CSD Swag or dance items online and we will notify you when your items are available for curbside pickup at CSD!
– For when we are back at the studio: CSD Pre-Visit Health Questionnaire Screening Form! Anyone entering CSD MUST complete the form EACH time they come to the studio. Scan the QR code!
Proud members of:
Three years ago, we went looking for a new dance studio that offered performance opportunities without competition. We also dearly wanted a place that would be considerate about age-appropriate music, costumes and choreography but honestly weren’t sure if that existed. We found all that we were looking for in CSD and have been so grateful for the healthy, professional and highly motivating atmosphere for our dancer. The longer we are with CSD, the more we are coming to understand all of the layers of benefits of belonging to a school of dance where classes and exams follow developmentally appropriate international dance curriculum and all students work towards a common high standard. It fuels my soul to see dancers work collaboratively to learn choreography and create dances that focus on telling a story with authentic and artistic expression. Our dancer has the opportunity to practice skills and techniques in class and also to perform and perfect a range of dances in each discipline every year. Although the standards for achievement are high, there is no focus on winning or doing moves for points or applause, and no competition between dancers for scores or praise. Our dancer has needed to learn how to take feedback and cooperatively make corrections for improvement, and her qualified instructors help her to practice that life-long learning skill in every class. Our 13-year-old dancer has expressed that she appreciates that everyone is equal and that there is no social status system in place because there are not two tiers (rec and comp) and because everyone wears the same professional looking uniform. The focus at CSD is on team-work along with physical and emotional health. We couldn’t be happier that this is where our dancer is spending her teenage years.
~ Jenny Soehner
Our 8 year old daughter has been attending CSD for the past few years and during that time we have seen her love of dance grow incredibly. Thanks to the support of her teachers, fellow students, teaching assistants and the older students who love helping out the younger dancers, she has built up so much confidence – not just in dance, but in her day-to-day life, as well. As shy as she can be, she absolutely loves performing with CSD and is often sad when the dance year is done. CSD really is a wonderful community of dancers and people and we are so happy to be a part of it. And as a parent who volunteers often, I need to commend Christine and her staff on always being so organized and attentive which makes my participation run so smoothly. It’s always a pleasure to take part. Thanks for all you do!
~ Catherine and John Hendy