Dance with the BEST!
Looking for dance classes in Kitchener-Waterloo? You have come to the right place! We offer dance classes in ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary, musical theatre, Acrobatic Arts, Preschool dance, Toddler & Me, as well as classes for Beginner Teens and Adults.
Come see why we were voted KW’s #1 DANCE STUDIO for TEN years in a row!
Call or email us today or drop by our studio in Waterloo for a visit! We look forward to sharing the world of dance with you!
Spring Session Registration! – Fri. Mar. 1st
– Current students have priority registration for our Spring Session and can register for the following classes as of March 1st: Toddler & Me, PreSchool, Beginner Teen and Adult! New participants can register as of March 13th.
CSD Dance Company presents COFFEE HOUSE! – Sat. Mar. 2nd
– CSD Dance Company is proud to present COFFEE HOUSE, a collection of student choreography at Conrad Centre for Performing Arts on Saturday, March 2nd, 4pm. Tickets are available at www.onstagedirect.com Check out the AMAZING CSD Dance Company raffle in the front lobby of the studio until March 5th!
Summer Registration! – Mar. 13th
– Registration for our Summer Dance Camps and Evening classes will commence Wednesday, March 13th! Beat the heat and dance in our air-conditioned studios this summer! Lots of camp and class options!
CSD Mid-winter Break! – Mar. 11th – 22nd
– CSD has a mid-winter break from Monday, March 11th through Friday, March 22nd, and the studio will be closed. Classes will re-commence on Saturday, March 23rd. Exam students are reminded to check the Exam Practice Schedule for any exam practices during this time.
Quinte Ballet School Auditions – Sun. Mar. 24th
– CSD is proud to host auditions for the Quinte Ballet School of Canada. Auditions will take place on Sunday, March 24th from 2:00-3:30pm. Please register for your audition beforehand. More information can be found at http://www.quinteballetschool.com/auditions/audition-registration-online/
Three years ago, we went looking for a new dance studio that offered performance opportunities without competition. We also dearly wanted a place that would be considerate about age-appropriate music, costumes and choreography but honestly weren’t sure if that existed. We found all that we were looking for in CSD and have been so grateful for the healthy, professional and highly motivating atmosphere for our dancer. The longer we are with CSD, the more we are coming to understand all of the layers of benefits of belonging to a school of dance where classes and exams follow developmentally appropriate international dance curriculum and all students work towards a common high standard. It fuels my soul to see dancers work collaboratively to learn choreography and create dances that focus on telling a story with authentic and artistic expression. Our dancer has the opportunity to practice skills and techniques in class and also to perform and perfect a range of dances in each discipline every year. Although the standards for achievement are high, there is no focus on winning or doing moves for points or applause, and no competition between dancers for scores or praise. Our dancer has needed to learn how to take feedback and cooperatively make corrections for improvement, and her qualified instructors help her to practice that life-long learning skill in every class. Our 13-year-old dancer has expressed that she appreciates that everyone is equal and that there is no social status system in place because there are not two tiers (rec and comp) and because everyone wears the same professional looking uniform. The focus at CSD is on team-work along with physical and emotional health. We couldn’t be happier that this is where our dancer is spending her teenage years.
~ Jenny Soehner
Our 8 year old daughter has been attending CSD for the past few years and during that time we have seen her love of dance grow incredibly. Thanks to the support of her teachers, fellow students, teaching assistants and the older students who love helping out the younger dancers, she has built up so much confidence – not just in dance, but in her day-to-day life, as well. As shy as she can be, she absolutely loves performing with CSD and is often sad when the dance year is done. CSD really is a wonderful community of dancers and people and we are so happy to be a part of it. And as a parent who volunteers often, I need to commend Christine and her staff on always being so organized and attentive which makes my participation run so smoothly. It’s always a pleasure to take part. Thanks for all you do!
~ Catherine and John Hendy