Looking for dance classes in Kitchener-Waterloo? You have come to the right place! We offer dance classes for all ages in ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary, musical theatre, national, Preschool dance, Toddler & Me, as well as classes for Beginner Teens and Adults.
Dance with CSD!
Come see why we’ve been voted KW’s #1 DANCE STUDIO more than TEN times! We provide a family-focused culture where everyone can dance! The music, movement and costumes are always age-appropriate. Call or email us today or drop by our studio in Waterloo for a visit! We look forward to sharing the world of dance with you!
Toonies for Toys!
– In December, we will be collecting donations for our “Toonies for Toys” fundraising project. Donations will be matched by CSD and toys will be purchased for our local toy drive! Thanks for helping us help others this holiday season. Last day for donations: Dec. 14th
Workshop Week! Dec. 2nd – 6th
– Students that have signed up for workshops will learn choreography for our holiday show on December 7th! No regular classes this week. Check your email for specific schedule each day!
CSD December Show! Sat. Dec. 7th, 4pm
Please join us in celebrating the season with this year’s holiday performance, “The Nutcracker and The Polar Express” at The Conrad Centre for Performing Arts on Saturday, December 7th 4:00pm. Tickets (general admission $18.00) are available at www.onstagedirect.com The studio will be closed December 7th as we will be at the theatre all day!
CSD Holiday Week! – Dec. 9th – 14th
– During our last week of classes (Dec. 9th – 14th), dancers are invited to wear red, green, white, and holiday inspired headpieces, etc. to Holiday Week!
CSD Dance Company performs in Yuletide Spectacular – Dec. 13th – 15th
– CSD Dance Company will be performing excerpts from “The Nutcracker” in “Yuletide Spectacular” with the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Orchestra at Centre in the Square on Friday, Dec. 13th, 8pm Saturday, Dec. 14th, 2:30pm & 8:00pm, and Sunday, Dec. 15th, 2:30pm. For more information and tickets: https://kwsymphony.ca/concerts/yuletide-spectacular/
Holiday Break – Dec. 15th – Jan. 3rd
– CSD will be closed for Holiday break from December 15th through January 3rd. Check your emails for specific classes being held on December 16th and 18th. Classes start up again on Saturday, January 4th! Happy Holidays!!
Three years ago, we went looking for a new dance studio that offered performance opportunities without competition. We also dearly wanted a place that would be considerate about age-appropriate music, costumes and choreography but honestly weren’t sure if that existed. We found all that we were looking for in CSD and have been so grateful for the healthy, professional and highly motivating atmosphere for our dancer. The longer we are with CSD, the more we are coming to understand all of the layers of benefits of belonging to a school of dance where classes and exams follow developmentally appropriate international dance curriculum and all students work towards a common high standard. It fuels my soul to see dancers work collaboratively to learn choreography and create dances that focus on telling a story with authentic and artistic expression. Our dancer has the opportunity to practice skills and techniques in class and also to perform and perfect a range of dances in each discipline every year. Although the standards for achievement are high, there is no focus on winning or doing moves for points or applause, and no competition between dancers for scores or praise. Our dancer has needed to learn how to take feedback and cooperatively make corrections for improvement, and her qualified instructors help her to practice that life-long learning skill in every class. Our 13-year-old dancer has expressed that she appreciates that everyone is equal and that there is no social status system in place because there are not two tiers (rec and comp) and because everyone wears the same professional looking uniform. The focus at CSD is on team-work along with physical and emotional health. We couldn’t be happier that this is where our dancer is spending her teenage years.
~ Jenny Soehner
Our 8 year old daughter has been attending CSD for the past few years and during that time we have seen her love of dance grow incredibly. Thanks to the support of her teachers, fellow students, teaching assistants and the older students who love helping out the younger dancers, she has built up so much confidence – not just in dance, but in her day-to-day life, as well. As shy as she can be, she absolutely loves performing with CSD and is often sad when the dance year is done. CSD really is a wonderful community of dancers and people and we are so happy to be a part of it. And as a parent who volunteers often, I need to commend Christine and her staff on always being so organized and attentive which makes my participation run so smoothly. It’s always a pleasure to take part. Thanks for all you do!
~ Catherine and John Hendy