We are proud of our Student Accomplishments, Awards, and what our parents say about the studio! We’ve listed some of those here, as well as how we give back to our local community and abroad!
- CSD students have been accepted into Canada’s National Ballet School summer school and have attended and/or graduated from their full-time program.
- CSD students have been accepted into the Quinte Ballet School and invited to attend their full-time program
- CSD student accepted into foreign dance programs, including SLP College in London, England and AMDA (American Musical and Dramatic Academy) in New York City with a top dance scholarship!
- Many CSD graduates have pursued post-secondary dance education and/or performing careers by attending Ryerson’s Dance program, Sheridan College, Randolph Academy, York University’s Dance program, and Canada’s National Ballet School Teacher Training program.
- Many CSD students have been featured in Ballet Jörgen’s, The Nutcracker, at Centre in the Square in Kitchener and their national tour. CSD students have also performed in Anastasia, Sleeping Beauty and other performances with Ballet Jörgen.
- CSD students have performed with The National Ballet of Canada’s production of The Nutcracker at the Four Seasons Centre in Toronto.
- Many CSD students and graduates have performed in various productions with Drayton Entertainment and KWMP.
- Our graduates are successful in whatever profession they choose! Many are now successful doctors, teachers, scientists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, museum curators, social workers, massage therapists, and much more!
- CSD has a very high success rate in RAD ballet, and ISTD jazz and tap examinations, with many of our students reaching the highest Advanced 2 levels. During our many years of participation in examinations, we have had several students receive 100% in RAD Graded ballet examinations – an exciting achievement!
- Our dancers were invited to perform at the 25th Anniversary Gala Performance and Awards Ceremony for the Waterloo Region Arts Awards at Centre in the Square.
- Platinum winner for Best Dance Studio in The Waterloo Chronicle’s Reader’s Choice Awards: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2007
- Diamond winner for Best Dance Studio in The Waterloo Chronicle’s Reader’s Choice Awards: 2014, 2005
- Platinum winner for Best Dance Studio in The Record’s Readers Select Awards: 2011, 2009, 2006
- Gold winner for Best Dance Studio in The Record’s Readers Select Awards: 2010
- Best Dance Studio in The Record’s Readers Select Awards: 2008, 2005
- Best Dance Studio in The Waterloo Chronicle’s Reader’s Choice Awards: 2008
- Christine Parker-Reid was voted the winner for Favourite Teacher in The Record’s Readers Select Awards: 2007
CSD Gives Back!
At CSD, we feel it is important to give back to our community. We are very proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish, with the help of our students, parents and teachers. It is also essential to demonstrate that the arts can help support and bring attention to other causes! Way to go CSD dancers and parents!
Our latest endeavours include:
Annual Food Drive every October, since 2008: Over 700lbs of food donated!
Annual Loonie Love Week every February, since 2013: Over $1300.00 donated to the Heart & Stroke Foundation
Annual Toonies for Toys Campaign every December since 2009: Donated over $3600.00 worth of toys to the Knights of Columbus New Toy Drive
May 2016 CSD Dance Company ‘Mother’s Day Tribute’ concert at Conrad Centre for Performing Arts
– donated $1000.00 to Marillac Place in Kitchener, ON
2005-2015 Dancewear for Cuba
– We continuously accepted donations of used dancewear, shoes and costumes to send to Cuba.
May 2014 CSD Dance Company ‘Connections’ performance at Chrysalids Theatre
– donated $800.00 to Grand River Hospital’s Children’s Programs
November 2013 Mom 2 Mom Africa
– donated our studio space for ‘Care Package Assembly” event
September 2006 – 2010 CIBC Run for the Cure
– Over $12,900.00 donated from our faculty and assistant team!
March 2009 – 2 boxes of dancewear and shoes donated to South African farm school
May 2007 For the Cause (CSD Student run performance)
– $800.00 donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of K-W and area
May 2006 For the Cause (CSD Student run performance)
– $1100.00 donation to R.O.O.F. (Reaching Our Outdoor Friends) – a united way agency
May 2005 For the Cause (CSD Student run performance)
– $1100.00 donation to KidsAbility Foundation