Tuition for Sessions
Some of our classes are offered in 7-12 week sessions in the fall, winter, spring and summer: Toddler & Me, PreSchool, Beginner Teen, and Adults. These classes do not participate in performances and the tuition fees are based on the length of the class and the number of weeks in the session. Tuition is indicated for each class in the class information pages (click on links above). Please read about our COVID-19 Safety Protocols & Procedures, Tuition fee information, discounts and our withdrawal policy prior to registration.
Tuition for Full Year Classes
For our full-year classes (September 14 through May 28), tuition fees are determined by the number of hours of dance classes per week. Your yearly tuition fees include a minimum of 30 weeks of classes and most classes will receive 33 weeks!
Tuition fees include HST and are due at time of registration, including all 9 monthly post-dated cheques or pre-authorized online credit card payments. Yearly tuition fees include a minimum of 30 weeks of classes (most classes will receive 33 weeks of instruction!)
How we calculate yearly tuition fees:
- For one 45 minute class per week (eg. Kindies in Motion, Pre-Primary, Pre-Primary Tap, Primary Ballet, Primary Tap OR Grade 1 Jazz), the tuition is $525.00 + HST per year (30 weeks), for September 14, 2020 through May 28, 2021. Tuition is then divided into 9 equal monthly payments.
- For all other classes, fees are charged at an hourly rate of $640.00 + HST per year (30 weeks), for September 14, 2020 through May 28, 2021. Tuition is multiplied by the number of hours danced per week and then divided into 9 equal monthly payments. Please see tuition chart for tuition fees if taking more than one hour of classes per week. You will also receive a Multiple Class Discount if you take over 2 hours per week.
$25.00 registration fee (includes HST) per student is due at time of registration and is non-refundable & non-transferable. The registration fee is an annual fee which covers the school year (September 2020 through August 2021).
We accept post-dated cheques or online credit card payments (Visa, Mastercard and American Express).
All cheques should be made payable to: Contemporary School of Dance.
For our yearly classes, tuition is paid in nine equal monthly installment payments. When you register for a full year class, you agree to pay the full year tuition for that class from September 14, 2020 through May 28, 2021. Registration will not be accepted without payment, either paid monthly by post-dated cheques or pre-authorized online credit card payments.
For session-based programs (Toddler & Me, PreSchool, Beginner Teen and Adult classes), fees are due in one full payment at the beginning of the session in fall, winter, spring, or summer.
Nine Equal Monthly Payments
9 Equal Monthly Payments:
Monthly installment payments reflect averaging yearly fees on a September to May yearly basis. Yearly tuition fees are divided into nine equal payments, due on the first of each month, September 1, 2020 through May 1, 2021. Monthly tuition payments do not reflect the number of classes paid for in each month; they are equal installments of the yearly tuition fees taken over 9 months.
When you pay monthly, you agree to make 9 equal payments from September 1, 2020 through May 1, 2021, regardless of the number of classes each month.
Updated Sept. 12, 2020! Performance fees include HST and are due January 1st, 2021. The Performance fees will be charged as a monthly fee with 5 monthly installments from January 1, 2021 through May 1, 2021.
Performance Fees include the following:
- Recital costume for each regular class (Exam classes excluded)
- DanceBUG online video account for all of our shows
- Recital photo package (individual and group photo) for each regular class. (Exam classes excluded)
- Rehearsal time at the studio and at the theatre
Your Performance Fee will be based on the number of costumes per family. Reminder: PBT, Grade 5/6 Prep. Pointe, Beginner Pointe and All Exam classes do not participate in the show. Do not include any Assisting classes – those costumes (if any) will be billed separately.
In December, when we know more about the possibility of public performances, every family will be asked to submit an electronic copy of their Performance Commitment Form to the studio. On the Performance Commitment Form, parents will select the number of costumes for each dancer. For example, if Child #1 has 2 dances/costumes, and Child #2 has 3 dances/costumes, but is only going to participate in 2 dances, your monthly performance fee would be based on 4 costumes. Once you have confirmed the number of costumes per family and submitted your Performance Commitment Form, your performance fees will be added to your family account:
- 1 costume: $34.99/month for 5 months
- 2 costumes: $67.00/month for 5 months
- 3 costumes: $96.00/month for 5 months
- 4 costumes: $125.00/month for 5 months
- 5 costumes: $154.00/month for 5 months
- 6 costumes: $183.00/month for 5 months
- 7 costumes: $212.00/month for 5 months
- 8 costumes: $241.00/month for 5 months
- 9 costumes: $270.00/month for 5 months
- 10 costumes: $299.00/month for 5 months
If you do not submit a Performance Commitment Form by the deadline, you will not be charged for costumes, photos or show DVD links and your dancer(s) will not perform in our June 2021 production.
NEW! Deadline to submit Performance Commitment Form: January 1, 2021
Dance Company Fees
Dance Company Fees:
Upon acceptance into the CSD Dance Company, there are additional company fees, to which no studio discounts apply.
If your child is selected and agrees to participate in an exam for ballet, jazz, tap or contemporary, there will be additional costs to cover examination entry fees, exam coaching fees and accompanist fees.
Cheques that are returned for “non-sufficient funds” are subject to a $25.00 service charge. CSD will send out email reminders of outstanding balances or students/parents can check their account balance online through our registration software. CSD reserves the right to decline the re-enrollment of students if their accounts are not kept up-to-date.
Late Payment Charge
Late Payment Charge:
15% surcharge will be applied to all late payments at net 30 days.
Private lessons rate: $60.00/hour
Semi-Private rate: $30.00/hour
Please inquire about our scholarships for students in financial need. We have provided families with scholarships for many years. Please contact the Artistic Director if you would like to be considered for a scholarship. These are awarded on a case by case basis.
FREE CSD T-shirt
FREE CSD T-shirt:
All students who register on or before September 30th, 2020, will receive a FREE CSD T-Shirt! Please indicate your preferred t-shirt size on our online waiver. T-shirts will be distributed in October 2020.
Multiple Class Discounts
Multiple Class Discount:
Multiple Class Discounts are built into our fee structure. Tuition fees are paid based on the number of hours per week of classes; as the number of hours per week increases, the fee per hour decreases. Please see our tuition fee chart for further details.
Multiple Class Discounts
2+ hours/week? Receive 10% discount on the monthly tuition fee
3+ hours/week? Receive 15% discount on the monthly tuition fee
4+ hours/week? Receive 20% discount on the monthly tuition fee
5+ hours/week? Receive 25% discount on the monthly tuition fee
7+ hours/week? Your tuition will be capped at the UNLIMITED rate of 7 hours/week with a 25% discount on the monthly tuition fee
When students register for classes that total seven or more hours per week, they pay our Unlimited Fee, which entitles them to take an unlimited number of classes per week. The unlimited fee does not apply to session-based classes, performance fees, examination fees, coaching classes, private classes or workshops during the year.
CSD Alumni Discount
CSD Alumni Discount:
All students who graduate from CSD will be offered 50% discount on tuition fees. Please contact the school’s director for this discount.
- You must notify Contemporary School of Dance in writing if you intend to withdraw from a class or program.
- Please note that there are NO refunds except when withdrawal is due to illness or injury. Please note that if you have opted to pay tuition in monthly instalments, you will still be responsible for tuition payments (either with post-dated cheques or credit card authorization) through May 2021, unless withdrawal is due to illness or injury.
- If your child needs to be withdrawn from a program because of illness or injury, please provide the school with a doctor’s note and a written withdrawal so that we may issue an appropriate refund. In cases where withdrawal is due to illness or injury, and a doctor’s note has been provided, the current month’s fees are non-refundable, but all remaining fees for the year are waived.
- For specific situations where extenuating circumstances exist, we will consider each case separately – please contact the Director of the school.
- The $25.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
- If a student is enrolled in multiple classes and drops one or more classes, the remainder of the current monthly fees is not transferable to remaining months in the year. The remaining monthly instalments will be altered to the new fee rate.